Sunday, July 28, 2013

Success!

Who would have ever thought that we would have been able to rebuild the gearbox.  I'm still a bit amazed.  After the accelerator cable broke during the test drive, I wasn't too optimistic.  I gave it a good drive to the edge of Narok and I'm amazed at how well everything is shifting.  It is shifting better than ever.  
Here is a picture of us working on it this morning at the garage (under a shade tree).  Funny, how the overhaul manual is overexposed in the picture (bottom of the picture)...almost like it's glowing.


On a side note, I think I probably have the best story for field use of a Hakko soldering iron. I carry one in the truck to help fix some of our loggers in the field.  Today, we used it to weld the accelerator cable back together!  

No comments: