A few days ago we had a minor breakdown. It was the day before I was scheduled to go to Tanzania. Which...makes it a bit more of a stressful breakdown.
One of the main support bolts came loose for one of the tie-rods. It fell out somewhere along the way from Talek to Emarti. We noticed it pretty quickly because the steering became erratic just after Aitong.
We made a quick call to Lerijin and two of his brothers came out from Aitong on a pikipiki (motorcycle) and helped us get on our way. Funny....because their father, Lokakwar, helped us replace a bushing on that bolt a week prior. At that time, I remember telling him, "I have loctite, please put it on the bolt so it doesn't come loose." And he replied, "We don't need loctite, I'm going to double nut it!".
I snapped a quick picture to illustrate how Amanda was making good use of our breakdown by filtering samples in the middle of a cow herd while we were working on the truck.